Sunday 22 September 2013

Mascara Madness!

Hola! 

It's Sunday, and tomorrow is Monday *cries*, and that means back to school for another week of grueling work :( However, to make myself feel vaguely better, I am doing a tad more blogging, I know its silly, but thank you for 7 followers already, it means so much! I just hope that number, keeps going up and up, but on with the show!

So today I bought another mascara, The Rimmel Volume Flash Scandal Eyes and as far as I can see, it's great! First of all can I just mention the packaging, it is the most beautiful fluorescent Orange. It seems Rimmel is going through a slight, how do you say, Orange Fetish? The Orange on this, the Orange on the Wake Me Up foundation/concealer range (my current favorite) it's like they can't stop!


Secondly, I adore this formula, it is slightly on the clumpy side, contrary to Rimmel's claims, and I also found it is very waterproof which is an added bonus, however this can be a disadvantage, as I shall go on to say. When applying this mascara I do find a lot of clean up is needed due to the hefty applicator. Because it is so bulky, it is incredibly hard to reach the inner lashes without decorating your eye and thanks to its waterproof formula, I find it can be hard to neatly clean any excess.


So yes I do really like this mascara and the price tag of £6.99 isn't too bad, however I think I will be sticking to my nearest and dearest, MAC Zoom Lash. It is a tad pricey at £14.00 but is definitely worth it. 



If like me want to have a back up Mascara, that definitely in no way breaks the bank, I recommend the Milani Lotta Lash (you can purchase it here.. but you can also get it in poundland!). It is a lovely formula, volumizes well (with a couple of coats) and also lasts a long time.



What is your favourite Mascara? Do you have any recommendations? If so I would love to hear!


Bye bye for now xxx




2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Thank you for sharing this great post.
    I really want to give rimmel Mascara a try.
    I agree that the packaging is very attractive and that's what make me want to try it. :)
    I really recommend Maybelline The rocket mascara.
    I like it so far.
    Ohh and you just got a new follower.
    I will appreciate it a lot if you want to follow me back.
    Thank you and have a great day ahead.
    XOXO
    Sincerely Renny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! Thank you for following :3 I definitely want to try that one, it looks great! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete