Sunday 27 October 2013

My current favourite Lipsticks/Lipbalms!

Hello everyone, I'm freezing! In the south of England where I live, the temperature has dropped from a lovely 18oC to what feels like -18oC. It's raining, its very, very windy and apparently on Monday, we are meant to have a hurricane. A hurricane. It's England not Siberia, what is happening to the world! At an attempt to warm up, I am sat here eating a bowl of porridge and I must say, it's quite delicious! :)

So now its moving into the colder months, I have ditched my summery lipsticks for some more autumnal colours, except for 1 or 2 I really, really, super, duper love!! In Autumn I tend to wear warmer colours such as reds, nudes, dark pinks and sometimes, some sneaky corals and the odd barbie pink!


 Left to Right: Mac Mehr, Rimmel Moisture Renew Oxford Street Fushia, Maybeline Colour Sensation Coral Pop (420), Maybeline Baby Lips Pink Punch and MUA Shade 2.

**MUA (Make Up Academy) by Superdrug are currently having a 3 for 2 sale!**
I shall also try and keep my reviews relatively brief as not to bore you! 

Starting Off with MAC, I went into MAC a week or so ago looking for a nice autumnal lipstick, I swatched about 30 and walked out with 1 in the shade Mehr, it really is Gorgeous, if you want to read more, about it you can read my post on it here!

Secondly is the Rimmel Moisture Renew, I have a couple of these now and I think this one is my favourite, it's good value for money (£6.49) but if you ask me, its not moisturising at all, in fact, quite the opposite, I find it very drying on the lips and that's even with a moisturiser underneath. However, its a beautiful vivid colour and because it is quite drying I find it quite matte.

Next is our friend Maybeline, I don't have much to say about this other than its lovely, Its a little bit on the pricey side, around 80p less than the Revlon Lip buttter range but its pigmented, it lasts and is super hydrating.

The Baby Lips were much anticipated in the UK. They had been out in America for ages, so long, there were a couple of Collections out including the Originals and the Electro. About 6 months ago Baby Lips arrived and I love them, they make my lips visibly healthier and the scents, Oh my god they are just bchbcbvfubt *keyboard spaz*, amazing! Not to mention the lovely bold packaging. I just really hope they do decide to bring the Electro collection over to the Uk because I am desperate to try them! 

Lastly its little old MUA, the bargain of them all! MUA lipsticks are available online and instore at Superdrug, and they retail at just £1! I love the range of colours they have. They glide onto the lips and are incredibly smooth. however, They do come off quite easily, long lasting is definitely what I wouldn't use to describe them. But taking into consideration the price of the lipstick and the pigmentation, I would recommend these. MUA have other great value products worth checking out here!





Where did you come from Hello Kitty! :)

I hope you enjoyed this rather long post and if you did stick to the end, thank you! 
What is your favorite lipstick? Anything I should try out!

Bye bye for now xxx

5 comments:

  1. Thank you! (I love your blog!) :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have the third one. Love Maybeline for ages. haha! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love Maybelline, their mascaras they do are amazing as well! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely colors ! xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete